Blog Archive


Glorious Gal

Sharing my sanity savers: love, laughter, and inspiration.

Does Phil Work for the DMV? 9:16 AM





It's no surprise to me that the famed woodchuck predicted six more weeks of winter. And I'd be willing to bet that he's right! But out of curiosity, I did a little fact checking this morning. Acoording to the National Climatic Data Center, groundhog weather predictions are 39% accurate.

Where else can you find a thousand people in line to see someone who only gets things right about 39% of the time? That's right... the DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles).

Okay, maybe that's an exageration, but listen to this! Last Spring I recieved a letter from the DMV notifying me that 2 points had been put on my license for a vehicle accident (don't tell anyone that I hit an ambulance). But get this... the accident had occurred 6 years prior to the notice! I'm NOT kidding you.

I immediately called the number at the bottom of the letter and talked to Scott who assured me that it was nothing out of the ordinary. Some things just take time!

(Here's a hot tip: If you're hunting a job where you can procrastinate for 6 years, the DMV has the perfect position for you!)

Personally, I'm thinking that a rotund little marmot was bound to see his shadow. I saw mine this morning. And no, it wasn't one of those long skinny shadows. It was short and dumpy reminding me that...

sigh....

I gained 1/2 pound this week instead of losing on the Mexico Weight Loss Program. (For once I'm hoping you didn't read all the way to the end of this blog!).


Don't for get to sign up for my free Valentine give away here!

0 comments: