Blog Archive


Glorious Gal

Sharing my sanity savers: love, laughter, and inspiration.

Drinking from the Fountain of Winter 10:29 AM

I woke up this morning thinking that it was raining outside. When I tentatively poked my head out the door I realized that it was just ice melting from the roof. Believe me when I say that it was music to my ears! After weeks of mostly single digit and negative numbers, I was ecstatic to realize it's 43 degrees outside today.



I believe I suffer from SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder). I've never been medically diagnosed but all the signs are there...

Oversleeping
Loss of energy
Food craving
Difficulty concentrating

Every year I can predict that my housework will pile up, my skirts will get too tight, and I'll be running out the door at the last possible minute every morning when February rolls around.

I have some very compassionate friends. One sent me an email with a solution to hitting the snooze 3 times too many every morning. She suggested that I put a set mousetrap on top of the alarm - a sure-fire guarantee that I wouldn't hit the snooze then roll over and fall back to sleep. (No doubt it would work!)

But I think my son my have a better solution. In his 10-year-old, socially unaware, sage mind he can just forget about everthing and enjoy the smallest wonders of the season...




0 comments: